- More than $5 million in tournament winnings
- Three World Series of Poker final tables
- Author of Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time, Vols. I and II
LocationGolden Nugget, Las Vegas
Price: $1895.00 / 5 seats left
This camp is unavailable now.
Plunge into an intense two-day experience that will jump-start your cash game.
The Cash Camp is total-immersion poker training—two packed days of instruction, live labs, and our proprietary computerized poker challenge. You’ll spend each day with an elite team of professional players who are also experienced, enthusiastic poker instructors. Your coaches will be there to answer your questions every step of the way, including class time, breaks, and meals.
Unlock Your Poker Potential
The world’s most experienced poker educators will show you how to think like a pro, revealing a whole new way to understand the game. You’ll learn from a unique curriculum with proven results: a coherent system that allows you to apply the principles of profitable play to your own individual style.
Total-immersion training means you’ll discover mistakes you didn’t even know you were making. You’ll be amazed at how much further you can take your game when you spend two full days studying, talking, and practicing poker under the guidance of professional players.
WPT Boot Camps are interactive experiences: lively presentations from a panel of pros on essential poker topics, illustrated by hand animations and key examples from TV. When one pro is speaking, the others will jump in to share details about their own play. You’ll get a chance to see how different players approach the same situations, helping you to tailor our material to your own individual style. During each section you’ll have the chance to participate in question-and-answer sessions, which will deepen your understanding of what you’ve learned.
Get Hands-On Instruction From Pros
To make sure you’re able to immediately apply what you learn in the presentations, you’ll play hands in our live labs, where we’ll explore the ins and outs of every choice you make. You’ll gain new insight into how great players think by hearing them analyze your decisions and those of the other people at your table. Working in small groups led by pros, you’ll see poker concepts clarified in real time.
The players at your lab table represent the opponents you’ll be facing in the future. Our live labs give you a unique opportunity to get inside their minds: how they think, why they take certain actions, and the reasoning behind their decisions. The pros will give immediate feedback on every action at the table, helping you to learn from the mistakes of others so that you can avoid making the same mistakes yourself.
Test Your Skills Against the Pros
After two intense days of hands-on instruction, you’ll take our specially developed Cash Camp Challenge. You’ll start by playing a series of hands against computerized opponents. Then the pros will play the same hands, in the same order, against the same opponents. They’ll give a detailed analysis of each hand, describing each play they make and why they make it. This will allow you to directly compare your decisions with those of the pros, helping you to spot your weaknesses and reinforce your strengths.
At WPT Boot Camp, we’re continuously refining and updating our curriculum to ensure that whatever your level, your game will improve. In the Cash Camp, our pros will teach you to:
- Pick up on your opponents’ betting patterns live and online.
- Size your bets to put maximum pressure on your opponents.
- Vary your play based on position, from under the gun to the button.
- Recognize profitable situations and make the most of them.
- Master the concepts of pot odds, implied odds, and reverse implied odds.
- Identify your opponents’ mistakes and learn to exploit them.
- Avoid “fancy play syndrome” and recognize it in others.
- Master the art of bankroll management so that you never go broke.
- Move up to higher levels as soon as you’re ready for them.
You can ask questions about the material throughout every presentation and lab. On breaks, at lunch, and at the end of the day, you’re welcome to bring questions to any of our pros. They teach because they love helping players like you improve your game. This is your chance to get inside their minds, learning the strategies that have made them some of the best players in the world.
If you’ve ever gambled at a casino, you know that sooner or later the house always wins. That’s because they always have an edge on you. When you use winning cash game strategies against your opponents, you have the edge. . . and you become the house.
- More than $2 million in tournament winnings
- World Series of Poker bracelet winner
- Venetian Deep Stacks Main Event Champion
- High-stakes cash game player
- Became one of the World Poker Tour's first instructors in 2005
- Poker columnist, Bluff Magazine, All-In, Casino Player
- WPT Player of the Year
- More than $6 million in tournament winnings
- World Series of Poker bracelet winner