- More than $5 million in tournament winnings
- Three World Series of Poker final tables
- Author of Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time, Vols. I and II
3-Day Tournament Camp & Clinic
LocationGolden Nugget, Las Vegas
/ Sold Out
You do not yet meet the prerequisites for this class.
This camp is unavailable now.
The WPT Boot Camp promise to you: All your poker questions answered...guaranteed.
Our pros have played thousands of tournaments…now you’re going to learn how they win. This combination camp includes three full days of instruction.
First, the 1-Day Tournament Camp gives you a complete overview of tournament strategy, allowing you to approach every aspect of a tournament with confidence. From the opening levels through the final table, our full day of intense training provide you with a step-by-step approach to break through the barriers in your tournament play.
You’ll be learning from the world’s most experienced team of poker educators. They’ll share their knowledge, explain their strategies, and help you to think like a pro. Our pros love teaching and are fully committed to helping you maximize your poker potential. You’ll have access to our team of instructors for a full day, including class time, labs, breaks, and meals.
Learn How a Pro Thinks About Tournaments
WPT Boot Camps are interactive experiences where you’ll hear lively presentations from a panel of pros on essential poker topics, illustrated by hand animations and key examples from TV. When one pro is teaching, the others will jump in to share details about their own play. You’ll get a chance to see how different players approach the same situations, helping you to tailor our material to your own individual style. During each section you’ll have the chance to participate in question-and-answer sessions, which will deepen your understanding of what you’ve learned.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare you for every challenge you’ll encounter in a tournament. We’ll help you develop the patience, courage, and determination that can only come from a deep understanding of the game.
Get Real-Time Feedback on Your Play
To make sure you’re able to immediately apply material from the presentations, you’ll play hands in our live labs, where you’ll hear us explore the ins and outs of every choice you make. You’ll gain new insight into how great players think by hearing them analyze your decisions and those of the other people at your table. Working in small groups led by pros, you’ll see poker concepts clarified in real time.
The players at your lab table represent the opponents you’ll be facing in the future. Our live labs give you a unique opportunity to get inside their minds: how they think, why they take certain actions, and the reasoning behind their decisions. The pros will give immediate feedback on every decision, helping you to learn from the mistakes of others so that you can avoid making the same mistakes yourself.
Experience Total-Immersion Poker Training
One of the most challenging aspects of tournament poker is figuring out what you don’t know. That’s what our pros are here for. They’ll help you root out any incorrect assumptions, misconceptions, or recurring mistakes, replacing them with solid play and correct decisions. You’ll discover mistakes you didn’t know you were making and be amazed at how much further you can take your game when you spend two full days studying, talking, and practicing poker under the guidance of professional players.
Your instructors will discuss your play, giving you feedback to help you evaluate your choices and identify the places where your game needs work. You’ll also watch the pros play a Sit & Go in real time as they explain every decision they make and share the reasons behind it.
Whatever your tournament experience, a 1-Day Tournament Camp can kick-start your game to a higher level, allowing you to play with confidence and skill. Learn how to think like a winning player by mastering these key aspects of tournament play:
- Build a big stack—even when you’re not getting good cards.
- Adjust your play for every level, from the early rounds, through the bubble, to the final table.
- Learn how to vary your play based on your stack size and your opponents’ stack size.
- Use your table image to your advantage—and avoid being fooled by your opponent’s image.
- Calculate when you’re getting correct pot odds, and keep your opponents from getting them.
- Recognize situations that offer opportunities to accumulate chips
- Learn to make the most of a short stack.
- Determine when to be aggressive and when to slow down.
- Know how to defend your stack when you’re the chip leader.
You can ask questions about the material throughout every presentation and lab. On breaks, at lunch, and at the end of the day, you’re welcome to bring questions to any of our pros. They teach because they love helping players like you improve their play. This is your chance to get inside their minds, learning the strategies that have made them some of the best players in the world.
After the 1 Day Tournament Camp, you'll experience an intensive hands-on 2-day workshop, our Tournament Clinic, designed to take you through every stage of a tournament…from the opening rounds to the final table.
Once you’ve grasped the fundamentals of no-limit hold’em tournaments, the key to continued improvement is hand analysis. Learning to analyze hands in real time and after the fact is critical to maximizing your profit at the table. In this two-day workshop, you’ll work with a team of top pros to build on the foundations taught at the Tournament Camp and delve deep into the intricacies of the game.
Learn to Analyze a Hand Like a Pro
Using specially designed poker simulation software the Pros will play hands in front of you and guide you, step by step, through the decision-making process. For each hand, the pros will identify which conditions are most important, ask a series of strategic questions, and determine which action is the best option. Throughout the process, your questions are encouraged, and each hand will be thoroughly explored. Soon you’ll find yourself becoming more aware of the nuances that should go into each and every decision at the table.
Get Valuable Feedback on Your Game
In live labs, you’ll play hands in front of the Pros and they will reinforce your good decisions, correct your mistakes, and help you reveal the thought process behind your actions. You’ll learn to understand every decision you face at the table, and to develop your own unique playing style. Since this is an advanced, alumni-only class, you’ll be working and playing with far more skilled opponents. This is your chance to learn more about how they think, so you can exploit similar opponents in the future.
Match Your Decisions Against the Pros
Throughout the Clinic, you’ll compete in several Tournament Challenges, where your skills will be put to the test. After you take the challenge, the Pros will play the same exact hands in front of the class, and analyze their decisions as they go. This will give you the opportunity to get immediate feedback on your play, because you’ll be able compare your decisions to those of the Pros. This will help you to solidify your strengths, and identify your weaknesses.
You learned the skills needed to win at the WPT Tournament Camp—now master them at the Tournament Clinic.
The Tournament Clinic offers you…
- A high ratio of Pros to students
- Personalized attention addressing your specific areas of weakness
- Extensive analysis of more than a hundred hands
- Detailed breakdown of hands played by famous “TV Pros”
- Professional critique of how you played specific hands
- Techniques for analyzing nearly every poker situation imaginable
- Constant evaluation and feedback of your game
You will leave the Tournament Clinic with all your No Limit Hold’em Tournament questions answered . . . guaranteed.
- Played over 2 million hands of poker
- World Series of Poker Circuit Champion
- WPT Director of Training and Curriculum
- High-stakes cash game player
- Became one of the World Poker Tour's first instructors in 2005
- Poker columnist, Bluff Magazine, All-In, Casino Player
- Member of the Poker Hall of Fame
- World Series of Poker bracelet winner
- Former editor and publisher of Card Player magazine
- Founder of the Tournament Directors Association
- Three World Series of Poker final tables
- Member of the Women in Poker Hall of Fame