- Played over 2 million hands of poker
- World Series of Poker Circuit Champion
- WPT Director of Training and Curriculum
Tournament Camp 2.0
LocationGolden Nugget, Las Vegas
This camp is unavailable now.
This camp features World Series of Poker Main Event Champion Chris Moneymaker and six-time bracelet winner and two-time WSOP Main Event runner-up T.J. Cloutier
Learn the tournament poker strategies that separate players who cash from players who win…and players who squeak into the final table from those who arrive as chip leader.
Our brand-new Tournament Camp 2.0 gives you the latest in cutting-edge tournament strategy. This camp delves into tournament concepts so crucial that they affect virtually every decision you make. Many of these concepts are widely misunderstood, misrepresented, or go completely unrecognized. As a result, you may not even realize what a critical role they should play in your decision-making. In this camp, you will be shown a new and detailed framework to guide all your tournament decisions, helping you to gain a huge edge over your opponents.
Tournament Camp 2.0 has been built from the ground up, offering brand-new material and strategies not found in previous Tournament Camps or Clinics.
You’ll be learning from the world’s most experienced team of poker educators. They’ll share their knowledge, explain their strategies, and help you to think like a pro. Our pros love teaching and are fully committed to helping you maximize your poker potential. You’ll have access to our team of instructors for two full days, including class time, labs, breaks, and meals.
Learn How a Pro Thinks About Tournaments
WPT Boot Camps are interactive experiences where you’ll hear lively presentations from a panel of pros on essential poker topics, illustrated by hand animations and key examples from TV. When one pro is teaching, the others will jump in to share details about their own play. You’ll get a chance to see how different players approach the same situations, helping you to tailor our material to your own individual style. During each section you’ll have the chance to participate in question-and-answer sessions, which will deepen your understanding of what you’ve learned.
Our curriculum is designed to prepare you for every challenge you’ll encounter in a tournament. We’ll help you develop the patience, courage, and determination that can only come from a deep understanding of the game.
Get Real-Time Feedback on Your Play
To make sure you’re able to immediately apply material from the presentations, you’ll play hands in our live labs, where you’ll hear us explore the ins and outs of every choice you make. You’ll gain new insight into how great players think by hearing them analyze your decisions and those of the other people at your table. Working in small groups led by pros, you’ll see poker concepts clarified in real time.
The players at your lab table represent the opponents you’ll be facing in the future. Our live labs give you a unique opportunity to get inside their minds: how they think, why they take certain actions, and the reasoning behind their decisions. The pros will give immediate feedback on every decision, helping you to learn from the mistakes of others so that you can avoid making the same mistakes yourself.
Experience Total-Immersion Poker Training
Tournament poker requires walking a fine line. Sometimes you have to be patient and wait for the right cards. Other times you have to make a move based solely on the situation, regardless of the hand you’re dealt. Our pros will help you discover how to distinguish between those two situations and learn which factors to consider in making your decisions. You’ll discover mistakes you didn’t even know you were making and be amazed at how much further you can take your game when you spend two full days studying, talking, and practicing poker under the guidance of professional players.
The first day ends with a tournament so you can try out what you’ve learned. The next day, your instructors will discuss your tournament with the class, giving you feedback to help you evaluate your choices and identify the places where your game needs work. You’ll also watch the pros analyze hands in real time as they explain every decision they make and share the reasons behind it.
Whatever your tournament experience, Tournament Camp 2.0 can jump-start your game to a higher level, allowing you to play with confidence and skill. Learn how to think like a winning player by mastering these key aspects of tournament play:
- Learn how experts play tournaments compared to average players
- Learn to put your opponent on a range of hands
- Accumulate chips—even when you’re not getting good cards
- Understand how your stack and your opponents’ stacks should affect your play
- Learn when to protect your stack and when to ramp up your aggression
- Learn how to avoid all-ins while still playing aggressively
- Discover how to create fold equity and use it to build a big stack
- Understand how pot odds and implied odds should affect your tournament decisions
- Learn when you’re pot-committed…and when your opponent is
- Develop specific techniques for exploiting the bubble
- Adjust for short-handed play
- Understand when you can anticipate a call from an opponent
- Find out when you can successfully min-raise…and when you can’t
- Avoid giving yourself difficult postflop decisions
- Develop a clear strategy for short-stack play
- Identify good situations to bluff…and learn to avoid bad ones
- Adjust for play on the bubble
You can ask questions about the material throughout every presentation and lab. On breaks, at lunch, and at the end of the day, you’re welcome to bring questions to any of our pros. They teach because they love helping players like you improve their play. This is your chance to get inside their minds, learning the strategies that have made them some of the best players in the world.
Most players win only when they get good cards. Great players win by using great strategy. That’s why top players consistently go deep in tournaments—and now you can, too.
- Most major tournament wins of any player ever
- Six World Series of Poker bracelets
- More than $10 million in tournament winnings
- Member of the Poker Hall of Fame
- High-stakes cash game player
- Became one of the World Poker Tour's first instructors in 2005
- Poker columnist, Bluff Magazine, All-In, Casino Player
- World Series of Poker Main Event Champion, 2003
- Close to $3.5 million lifetime tournament winnings
- First online satellite winner to take down the Main Event